Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogmas: Lingerie Gift Guide

Quite often on both my blog and my Instagram I talk about some of my favourite Lingerie brands and a great Christmas gift is underwear. Every year I will receive a new pair of knickers and some socks in my stocking, which I never complain about. In fact I rely on those socks to get my through the year. Admittedly Santa does not pick out the sexiest of knickers, quite often they have cartoon Christmas themes but it is something I always appreciate and the same goes for something a little bit more expensive.


I do not have an other half, I am single so I do not have the luxury of having someone buy some nice underwear for me but I buy it for myself. I think wearing some fancy underwear underneath your clothes gives you a hidden confidence boost which is certainly something I need when I have to meet up with every single person who has ever smiled at me over the Christmas period. Christmas can be a hard time for all of us so if there is a way of making it easier for me to talk to people, I do it and lingerie gives me a confidence and that is why I think it is such a good gift to give.

As I do spend a lot of my time browsing different underwear sites and different brands I thought I would curate a little lingerie gift guide for anyone is looking for inspiration or for anyone who is looking to treat themselves. There is no reason you can't buy yourself a little something this Christmas!

Lounge Underwear - Intimates

Lounge have quickly made their way to being one of my favourite underwear brands. The whole concept of the brand is 'comfort made sexy' which is surprisingly hard to find. For some reason, for years, women have been made to compromise looking sexy for comfort and when you think about it, why? Why have we been forced to live like this? A good example of this is Ann Summers, some of their underwear is gorgeous but I can't say I've ever worn anything comfortable from them. I know it isn't designed to be on for that long but why shouldn't you be able to wear it during the day if you want to?

Lounge have combined the two and I have to say I have bought a couple of sets from them and they are truly very comfortable. Oddly I actually reach for the thongs because they are more comfortable than some of my granny knickers. Not only are they comfortable but they look good and I feel great when I wear them. All of the Lounge sets are great but today I want to talk about the Intimates range. 

When Valentines came round at the start of 2019, Lounge launched their Intimates range and I had always wanted to know how it would compare to some of the more luxury underwear I own. The Intimates range sits at around the £80 mark and it is certainly more sexy than their standard range. The colours are much more bold, the cuts are sexier and there is a lot of lace and mesh. The sets come in so many different styles which flatter everyone and the best part is that they are actually comfortable! It is a miracle. 

I own the Layla set which I managed to get when the original Intimate sets went into The Outlet so I bought it for £56 and I think this so worth the money. The lace is exquisite, the detailing is beautiful and the set looks amazing when it is on. You can still get some of the OG intimates in the outlet but they are all massive sizes so if you are a 36E, you are in luck, they have tons of sets for you. However, if you are intrigued by the Intimates they are actually launching a new collection on the 8th and it looks like there is a lot of black which certainly has my attention. 

Even if you don't think the Intimates are for you, or your loved one, the Balcony sets from Lounge are just as sexy, just as comfortable and a little bit cheaper. I think Lounge would make a great gift this Christmas and I know I will be looking to treat myself to some more of their sets in the future. 

Savage x Fenty

If one brand have truly come to the underwear market to change it for the better, Savage x Fenty have come to represent. Much like Fenty Beauty, Savage x Fenty have blown up the lingerie market with the fashion show showing diversity in skin colour and body size. The Savage x Fenty show was a glorious showcase of the fact that all bodies are different and showed that every body should be celebrated instead of trying to make everyone look the same like Victoria's Secret did. It shows that this works as one brand (Savage x Fenty) received high praise for their show whilst the other had to cancel theirs after people complained that there was not enough diversity! 

Savage x Fenty launched with much applause for its inclusive sizes ranging from a 32A to 46DDD. I have to say this isn't all inclusive because I am a 30 back, really if they wanted to be all inclusive they would have gone down to a 28 back which is the smallest I have seen. Slightly annoying for the petite people like myself but they have created some beautiful bras. 

Personally I haven't bought their wired bras, instead I purchased their basic cotton bralette and the matching thong and honestly it is the most comfortable bra I have ever wore. Gone are the cages that feel like they are holding your boobs in for dear life, instead they are comforted and held like they should be. I saw Patricia Bright try this set in a video and I am so glad I bought it. I love this set for lounging around the house and as an alternative to the popular Calvin Klein sets that everyone wears.

I'm not going to lie these sets are expensive, especially when you consider it is just a bralette but honestly, if you give this as a gift, the person will be thanking you for the comfort. Unlike if you are buying lingerie, like from Lounge, you do not need to know the sizes because they come in XS-XL which makes it that little bit easier if you do not know their size. The bra alone is £30 and the matching thong is £24. I managed to get mine on ASOS at a discount so it is worth checking their stock to see what they have and if there is any money off.

You could also treat someone to a Savage x Fenty subscription so they can chose new underwear a month but I have no idea how this works so you will need to look into that. 


Agent Provocateur 

I will forever be disappointed that a trashy business man like Mike Ashley owns such a gorgeous company as Agent Provocateur. He bought it when it was potentially going into administration but for me he has tarnished the brand. Not many people are aware of his ownership so I wanted to point it out before I go on to say about how beautiful the lingerie is. 

Agent Provocateur is one of the few lingerie brands I had heard of when I was younger because it was known that Victoria Beckham used to shop in there and anything that is good enough for VB is good enough for me. I've always held the brand to quite a high esteem so I really do see it as a treat. I cannot describe the feeling it gives me to know I am wearing something from Agent Provocateur but it is certainly very empowering. There aren't many times that I feel womanly because I am petite but when I wear AP I feel like a woman. 

They create so many sets which range from the super sexy bondage inspired pieces to pieces that can be worn daily if you wish. For me, something from AP is too luxury to wear everyday and it is the ultimate treat item in my eyes. Over the years I have bought a couple of sets I love and I have a couple to recommend for gifts. 

Firstly I would recommend the Lorna Set. The Lorna is sort of an iconic set for AP and they have different colour variations each season but the style is always around. You might recognise the style because it was the style of bra that Beyonce wore in her pregnancy announcement when she was having twins and she dressed up. I actually bought an all navy version at the start of the year which was my favourite colour scheme I've seen but they currently have a full nude version, a brown and a black with a pink trim. I actually don't like any of these colours but you never know, someone else might.


I would say the Lorna set is quite feminine and girly but if you are looking for something a bit more sexy, either go for the Joan Set or the Robyn Set. I have the Joan set in red but they currently sell it in black which makes it super bold and very sexy. It is a bandage style set so it quite strappy and there are lots of cutouts. The same goes for the Robyn style which is quite strappy with lots of cutouts but it is made of lace and satin so it is a bit more sumptuous. The Robyn style has lots of straps which group together at the top of the neck which help to give you a bit of a boost and look sexy. Robyn is a great style if you are struggling in the boob department.  

AP is the height of sexy in my opinion and even better, they completely wrap it up for you and put it in a box. I mean you would hope so for that sort of money but it makes the whole experience just that little bit more special. All of the fabrics are so delicate and detailed that I don't think you need to have heard of the brand to know it is expensive but I guess it helps.

Picture from Net-a-Porter

Fleur Du Mal - Lily Set 

My final suggestion is a little bit more niche I guess. A lot of people will have heard of Fleur Du Mal through Victoria's Secret practically copying their range for their A/W collection. Diet Prada did a whole expose on it and it was everything. I own the Victoria's Secret copy because I do not have £140 to drop on a bra but if you do, this is a seriously beautiful bralette. It has satin cups which basically only cover your nipples and the most detailed and delicate lily pattern that borders these panels. Honestly just looking it at online I fell in love with this bra and I have to say this is the one I want for Christmas. They have a new burgundy velvet version which is just exquisite.

Not only do they have the Lily set but they also have some luxe triangle bras which are all satin and come in stunning jewel tones. Once again Victoria's Secret has copied these as well but Fleur Du Mal did it first. 

Fleur Du Mal definitely have the smallest range out of all of the brands that I have mentioned and is one of the harder brands to track down in the UK but a limited range is available on Net-A-Porter. If you do like something on their main site, be aware that it has to be shipped from America so this could take a bit of time. 

P.S. If you are looking for some underwear as outerwear inspiration, their Instagram is great for seeing how it can be styled with pieces you've probably got in your wardrobe.


Honorable mentions: 

Bluebella - Bluebella has long been one of my favourite underwear brands but since I bought some of their sets earlier this year, it has become a love affair. It is sexy, more affordable pieces that truly have a wow factor. 

Livy - Livy is a little bit more on the expensive side and incredibly minimalist. You do not get a lot for you money but some of the designs are great. 

La Perla - If you are seriously looking to spend some coin have a look at La Perla. I could only dream of owning something from the brand but it would make a gorgeous gift.

Anine Bing - Anine Bing has some of the most beautiful triangle bras with stain cups and incredibly dainty bands. Unfortunately not going to be for bigger busts but great for the itty bitty titty committee. 

Calvin Klein - I mean who doesn't love Calvin Klein, can you really go wrong with the brand? Definitely one of the more well known and more widely available brands that I have included. 


Even if this has not inspired any Christmas presents, I hope it has enlightened you and inspired you to treat yourself to some new underwear. Honestly there is nothing like a new set of lingerie to boost your mood. None of these items are Christmas specific so you should be able to get them all year round and if you are lucky you might even see some of it in the post Christmas sales. I know I am going to be keeping my eye out for some Fleur Du Mal in the sales. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar